What is your call to action? How will you live a life of faith?
During the summer months, we’re featuring a post called “I Will.” What’s one thing you can do to make the world a better place?
I Will…Accept My Responsibilities
We often hate them, yet we can’t live without them. They guide our decisions in life, yet we often look at them as an enormous burden.
Is there another word that has so much weight?
Living a life of passion starts with looking at life through a different set of eyes:
- Statistics over the years show that 15-20% of all pregnancies in the US ended in miscarriage.
- Ask any of these potential parents how difficult it would be to get out of bed for a midnight feeding or give up a Friday night out with friends.
- As of June of 2017, there are almost 7 million people in the US who are unemployed.
- Ask any of these people how difficult it would for them to get up on a Monday morning to punch a clock.
- According to statistics from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, approximately 500,000 men, women and children go homeless every night in the United States.
- Ask any of these people how difficult it would be to mow the lawn or clean out the garage on a Saturday morning.
- About 2,200 Americans die of cardiovascular disease each day, an average of 1 death every 40 seconds.
- Ask the families and friends of these people how difficult it would be to encourage their loved ones to quit smoking, exercise, and eat healthy.
God, help me to accept my responsibilities in life, to view them with a fresh perspective, and to savor all of my moments on earth.
What are you passionate about? Share Your Thoughts with Us.